Lufthansa currently has a super cheap business class special for flights to Ecuador. With departures from Basel, Zurich, or Geneva, you can get round trip flights to Quito and Guayaquil starting at only CHF 777 (~€780).
The Business Flex fare is also interesting for a surcharge of only CHF 150 (~€151) in total. You can then cancel the flights at any time free of charge (there may be a booking fee of around €30). Alternatively, there is the Business Basic Plus fare for just CHF 50 (~€50) surcharge (i.e. CHF 25 (~€25) per direction). This can then be canceled for a fee of CHF 310 (~€311).
The deal has been pulled and is no longer available.
The cheapest routing is from Basel to Guayaquil. However, the other options are only slightly more expensive. Below is an overview:
You can rebook all fares without having to pay a rebooking fee. However, the Business Basic fare does not allow any reimbursement. In Business Plus, the fee for cancellation is CHF 310 (~€311), in Business Flex it is free.
You can simply use the following form to book. You only have to select the departure and destination airports and the travel dates. With one click we will forward you to the booking directly to Lufthansa.com:
Two layovers are necessary in each direction. First of all, Lufthansa or Swiss will fly you from Switzerland to Frankfurt. This is followed by a long-haul flight to Bogotá on board an Airbus A340-300. There is then a short connecting flight from Bogotá with the Star Alliance member Avianca.
Search & Book
According to the Fare Rules, the flights can be booked until November 11, 2021. However, the price is unusually low, so we recommend that you buy as soon as possible.
We were able to find availabilities from March to June 2022. The minimum stay is 10 days and according to the fare rules, you can spend a maximum of 3 months at the destination.
You can find available dates quickly and easily with the help of Google Flights (instructions). We then recommend booking directly on Lufthansa’s website. There, you can also directly select the fare that you want:
The tickets are issued in booking class P, segments with Avianca in D. You can expect the following mileage credits:
- 22,754 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 16,104 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 14,648 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 13,192 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 13,086 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 12,880 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 12,878 Award Miles + 2,576 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 11,646 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 9,698 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 2,404 Award Miles + 14,646 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 2,404 Award Miles + 1,980 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 1,854 Award Miles + 1,850 Tier Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 1,854 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 1,854 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 1,854 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 1,850 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 1,546 Miles on Asiana Club
- 1,546 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 1,546 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 1,542 Miles on South African Voyager
- 1,542 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 1,542 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 1,542 Avios on Iberia Plus