After a rather short flight to Warsaw, you’d then fly 10 hours to Chicago on a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
The Polish airline LOT only has one long-haul aircraft type, the Boeing 787 (Dreamliner) – thus every flight will have the exact same seats. Everything is slightly above average, except the seat alignment (2-2-2), which doesn’t offer direct access to the aisle for the window seats. A further disadvantage of flying with LOT: There’s no Wi-Fi, even if you’d be willing to pay for it. So, if you intend to work (with internet access) during the flight, you should choose a different airline. LOT is, however, very generous with its baggage allowance (3 x 32 kg).
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
Search & Book
Your trip needs to be at least 6 days long (or a Sunday). No other restrictions are mentioned. Google Flights shows availability starting April 2022. You can simply select your preferred dates on our calendar above.
The tickets are issued in booking class F, meaning that you’ll be credited the following number of miles:
- 16,744 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 15,606 Miles on Miles&More
- 15,606 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,180 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 10,924 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 10,594 Miles on Asiana Club
- 10,544 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 10,404 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 10,404 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 10,404 Award Miles + 1,738 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 10,404 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 10,404 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 10,404 Miles on South African Voyager
- 10,404 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 10,404 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 10,404 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 10,404 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 10,404 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Information & Tips for Chicago
Chicago is the third largest city in the USA with about 2.7 million inhabitants and an important economic and cultural center. The city attracts about 55 million visitors every year and has a lot to offer in terms of tourism.
Best Time to Visit
The best weather for tourists is in May, June, September and October. Summers can become very hot and humid, winters are often associated with snow storms and double-digit temperatures below zero.
From the Airport to the City Center
Two commercial airports serve the metropolitan area of Chicago, the larger Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway International Airport (DCA). Long-haul flights are serviced by ORD, which is also a hub for Star Alliance carrier United Airlines and Oneworld carrier American Airlines. MDW mainly serves domestic flights and is Southwest’s hub.
Chicago O’Hare Intl. Airport
By CTA train (Blue Line, journey time 35 – 50 minutes) the journey from the airport to the city costs $5, in the other direction only $2.25. A taxi costs – depending on traffic – between $40 and $50, Uber and Lyft are slightly cheaper. The journey time can vary between 30 and 60 minutes.
Chicago Midway Intl. Airport
This airport can also be reached by CTA train (Orange Line, travel time 25 minutes, same prices as ORD). Taxis take about 30 minutes and cost $30 to $40, Uber and Lyft are slightly cheaper.
→ All Dealz for Chicago