Star Alliance members Lufthansa and Swiss have launched a colossal partner sale from a multitude of European countries, selling tickets for two or more persons with a large discount. While most offers feature the same variety of destinations, sale from Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden stand out. From these countries, you can find discounted business class rides to North and Middle America deep into 2022 for less than €1,500 per person.
Sadly, the rebooking rules of Lufthansa and Swiss aren’t the most generous. They only allow one date change free of charge, but you’d still have to pay the price difference. That would turn your discounted ticket into a mere down payment.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
All quoted prices are per person. You have to buy at least two tickets to get this price. As an example, you can find the following prices with departure from Stockholm:
- New York at €1,205
- Miami at €1,207
- Chicago at €1,221
- Washington D.C. at €1,257
- Tampa at €1,292
- Orlando at €1,292
- Boston at €1,296
- Atlanta at €1,328
- Nashville at €1,331
- New Orleans at €1,335
- Philadelphia at €1,355
- Puerto Rico at €1,370
- San Francisco at €1,381
- San Diego at €1,399
- Vancouver at €1,402
- Calgary at €1,403
- Las Vegas at €1,406
- Mexico City at €1,452
- and many, many more…
Prices from other Swedish airports like Gothenburg are almost identical. If you choose to start your journey in Norway (Bergen, Oslo or Stavanger) prices remain in the same neighborhood. In contrast, departures from Denmark or Finland might add up to €150 to your ticket price.
Long haul services may be Swiss, Lufthansa, United Airlines, Air Canada or Brussels Airlines business class flights. In some instances, you can cherry-pick your airline with minimal or no changes in price.
Search & Book
This offer is valid until July 20, 2021 for travel before June 30, 2022. A minimum stay of six days is necessary to get the cheapest price, while your trip may not be longer than six months. Availability is excellent to most destinations within the entire travel period.
You can check availability for your favorite destination easily using Google Flights. We recommend booking flights directly with Lufthansa, using one of the landing pages above.
With almost no exceptions, all flight segments are ticketed in booking class P. Depending on the operating carrier and which airline issues your ticket, your mileage accrual might vary a bit. The above itinerary pictured above booked with Swiss results in the following output:
- 15,646 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 12,152 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 9,720 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 9,720 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 9,720 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 9,720 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 9,720 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 9,720 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 9,720 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 9,720 Miles on Asiana Club
- 9,720 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 9,720 Miles on South African Voyager
- 9,720 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 9,720 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 9,720 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 9,720 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 9,718 Award Miles + 1,944 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 9,370 Miles on Miles&More
- 8,794 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 6,804 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
While the same itinerary operated by Lufthansa via Frankfurt generates less miles with most programs:
- 14,868 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 11,548 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 9,238 Award Miles + 1,848 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 9,238 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 9,238 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 9,238 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 9,220 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 9,218 Miles on Miles&More
- 8,480 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 6,466 Miles on ANA Mileage Club