SkyTeam partners Air France & KLM are selling quite cheap tickets to many of their South American destinations in Peru and Brazil for those who can depart from Italy and Switzerland. Prices start at only €387 for flights to Lima. Luggage, however, is not included and would cost another €80 for everyone who is not a SkyTeam Elite status holder.
Air France and KLM will let you cancel all flights through December 2021 for free. You’d get your money back as a voucher, which can then be fully refunded to your bank account. You can read more about this here.
There’s quite good availability until March 2022.
You can fly to the following South American cities:
The cheapest prices are for flights from Turin. For a small surcharge, you can also fly from Milan, Rome, Venice, and Bologna. Alternatively, you can also fly from Basel or Zurich for roughly €35 more.
First, you would either fly to Paris or Amsterdam, before continuing your trip to South America on a long-haul flight to your final destination. If you’re flying to Recife or Salvador, you’ll have a second layover in Brazil (e.g. in Sao Paulo or in Fortaleza), from where GOL will fly you to your final destination.
We expect further shakeups in the airline industry over the following months. Some services might be cancelled, aircraft changed or downgraded. The schedule we describe may very well change.
Search & Book
This deal expires on October 18, 2021. Your trip needs to be at least 4 days (or a Sunday) long and can take place during the following travel periods:
- Before July 18, 2021
- August 18 – December 12, 2021
- January 6 – March 31, 2022
The flights from Italy/Switzerland to Amsterdam/Paris are issued in booking class L, while the long-haul flights are issued in booking class X. To give you an example, a roundtrip from Turin to Lima with Air France via Paris would get you:
- 3,548 Award Miles + 13,770 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 3,054 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 3,054 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 2,910 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 1,148 Award Miles + 34 XP on FlyingBlue
- 1,000 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 644 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 600 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 572 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 572 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 500 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 500 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 458 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 356 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 356 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 356 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 356 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 356 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 356 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 356 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 356 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles