Skyteam member Garuda Indonesia offers a status match for its frequent flyer program GarudaMiles. After a successful match, your status will be valid until February of the following year. You do not need to complete a challenge to get a match.
We write this article based on a few successful matches. While we’re positive that future requests will work as well, we cannot garantuee it.
Garuda offers a form on its website that needs to be completed and sent to email@example.com. You need an GarudaMiles account and membership number to get your status matched. Further, a proof of your current frequent flyer status and a scan of your passport must be attached to your e-mail.
Garuda Indonesia’s website offers a list of programs that they are willing to match:
- Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
- Malaysian Airline Enrich
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Cathay Pacific Marcopolo
- Japan Airlines JAL
- ANA Airlines ANA Mileage Club
- Lufthansa Miles&More
Unfortunately, as of now they aren’t many reports on confirmed matches. If your match is successful, please leave a comment to help other readers and frequent travellers:
- Miles&More Senator → Gold (SkyTeam Elite)
- KrisFlyer Gold → Platinum (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
GarudaMiles Silver won’t grant any advantages on Skyteam flights. When travelling Garuda Indonsia, you can expect following advantages:
- Special check-in counters in Jakarta
- 5kg of complimentary additional hold luggage
- High waiting list priority
You can gain GarudaMiles Silver by collecting 10,000 tier miles or flying 10 segments within a calendar year.
This is the point where things get interesting – GarudaMiles Gold is equal to SkyTeam Elite:
- Priority check-in on all Skyteam flights
- 15kg of complimentary additional hold luggage
- Priority baggage handling
- Priority boarding
- Even higher waiting list priority
- 25% extra miles
You can gain GarudaMiles Gold by collecting 30,000 tier miles or flying 30 segments within a calendar year. To maintain it, 25,000 tier miles or 25 segments are sufficient.
Along with GarudaMiles Platinum you’ll qualify for SkyTeam Elite Plus status. Benefits include alliance wide lounge acces with a guest.
- Lounge access on all SkyTeam flights with a guest.
- SkyPriority – priority lane security and immigration at selected airports
- 20kg of complimentary additional hold luggage
You can gain GarudaMiles Platinum by collecting 50,000 tier miles or flying 50 segments within a calendar year. To maintain it, 45,000 tier miles or 45 segments are required.
If you are imterested in other ways to obtain SkyTeam elite status, check out this article:Cover Picture: © Garuda Indonesia