Gulf carriers Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways are currently outbidding each other for business class passengers to Thai leisure destination Phuket. Both airlines sell roundtrips from Paris for less than €1,600. All flights include a layover at their respective hub in Abu Dhabi or Doha. By buying a Qatar Airways ticket, you have the chance to include two Qsuite trips between Paris and Doha.
Eithad sends an Airbus A380-800 on its daily rotation between Abu Dhabi and Paris. Flights to Phuket are Boeing 777-300ER service.
Qatar Airways serves Paris up to three times daily. The last flight departs on 21.40 and is scheduled to be A350-1000 service. All of these planes are equipped with Qatar Airways’ famous Qsuite. You can catch the same plane on the inbound flight as well – its QR 37, leaving Doha at 15.20. Phuket is not advertised as Qsuite destination. All itineraries with Qatar Airways necessitate an overnight layover in Doha.
Search & Book
According to fare rules, both deals expire on July 31, 2019. Both are valid for stays up to one month, Eithad has the lower minimum stay (3 days) than Qatar Airways (5 days). No further restrictions apply as both airlines offer free stopovers at their hubs.
If you combine these two offers, you have daily availability from November 2019 through June 2020 at the lowest fare. You can search for suiting flight dates on Google Flights (instructions). Use the data you’ve found to book your ticket through Qatar Airways’ or Etihad’s website. You can find even lower fares when entering the dates you’ve found in our flight search. However, these will be offered by online travel agencies. We usually recommend booking with the airlines directly, since they usually have much better costumer service.
Eithad issues tickets in booking class Z. Frequent flyer programs affiliated with Etihad will grant you at least 115% of your travel distance in award mileage:
- 26,580 on Hainan Airlines
- 16,510 on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 16,510 on American AAdvantage
- 16,510 on Asiana Club
- 16,510 on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 15,880 on ANA Mileage Club
- 14,610 on South African Voyager
- 14,610 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 14,610 on Etihad Guest
- 14,610 on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 14,610 on Oman Air
- 14,610 on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 14,610 on Korean Air Skypass
- 14,610 on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 12,700 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 7,500 on SAS EuroBonus
Qatar Airways flights are ticketed in booking class R. Most Oneworld frequent flyer programs will reward you with at least 125% of your travel distance (without tier bonuses). In addition, this ticket is worth 560 tier points in British Airways Executive Club. You’ll need only 40 tier points and four segments on either BA or Iberia to gain Oneworld Sapphire status.
- 25,650 on Finnair Plus
- 15,940 on Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- 15,940 on MEA Cedar Miles
- 15,940 on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 15,940 on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 15,940 on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 15,940 on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 15,940 on British Airways Executive Club
- 15,940 on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 15,940 on Asia Miles
- 15,940 on Iberia Plus
- 12,750 on LATAM Pass
- 12,750 on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 12,750 on American AAdvantage
- 12,750 on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 12,750 on SriLankan FlySmiles
Thanks to our source YHBU!