Gulf carriers Etihad Airways and Qatar Airways are currently outbidding each other for business class passengers to Thai leisure destination Phuket. Both airlines sell roundtrips from Paris for less than €1,600. All flights include a layover at their respective hub in Abu Dhabi or Doha. By buying a Qatar Airways ticket, you have the chance to include two Qsuite trips between Paris and Doha.
Eithad sends an Airbus A380-800 on its daily rotation between Abu Dhabi and Paris. Flights to Phuket are Boeing 777-300ER service.
Qatar Airways serves Paris up to three times daily. The last flight departs on 21.40 and is scheduled to be A350-1000 service. All of these planes are equipped with Qatar Airways’ famous Qsuite. You can catch the same plane on the inbound flight as well – its QR 37, leaving Doha at 15.20. Phuket is not advertised as Qsuite destination. All itineraries with Qatar Airways necessitate an overnight layover in Doha.
Search & Book
According to fare rules, both deals expire on July 31, 2019. Both are valid for stays up to one month, Eithad has the lower minimum stay (3 days) than Qatar Airways (5 days). No further restrictions apply as both airlines offer free stopovers at their hubs.
If you combine these two offers, you have daily availability from November 2019 through June 2020 at the lowest fare. You can search for suiting flight dates on Google Flights (instructions). Use the data you’ve found to book your ticket through Qatar Airways’ or Etihad’s website. You can find even lower fares when entering the dates you’ve found in our flight search. However, these will be offered by online travel agencies. We usually recommend booking with the airlines directly, since they usually have much better costumer service.
Eithad issues tickets in booking class Z. Frequent flyer programs affiliated with Etihad will grant you at least 115% of your travel distance in award mileage:
- 26,584 Miles on Hainan Fortune Wings Club
- 16,520 Award Miles + 16,518 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 16,518 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 16,518 Miles on Asiana Club
- 15,882 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 15,882 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 14,612 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 14,612 Miles on Oman Air Sindbad
- 14,612 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 14,612 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 14,612 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 14,612 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 14,612 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 14,612 Miles on South African Voyager
- 12,708 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 7,504 Points on SAS EuroBonus
Qatar Airways flights are ticketed in booking class R. Most Oneworld frequent flyer programs will reward you with at least 125% of your travel distance (without tier bonuses). In addition, this ticket is worth 560 tier points in British Airways Executive Club. You’ll need only 40 tier points and four segments on either BA or Iberia to gain Oneworld Sapphire status.
- 28,702 Award Miles + 15,946 Tier Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 25,656 Points on Finnair Plus
- 15,946 Avios + 560 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 15,946 Qmiles + 120 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 15,946 Avios + 2,000 TP on Iberia Plus
- 15,946 Award Miles + 180 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 15,942 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 15,942 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 15,942 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 15,942 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 15,942 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 15,942 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 12,756 Award Miles + 19,134 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 12,754 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 12,754 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 12,754 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 12,754 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
Thanks to our source YHBU!