Flying Blue releases discounted award seats to different destinations every month. You can save between 20% and 50% on the regular award price. And of course, those offers are especially attractive if you want to travel in business class. That’s where you’ll get the most out of your miles. Because of the fees and taxes that you’ll have to pay, flights in economy class are usually not that interesting. While these promo awards were totally lame since the beginning of the pandemic, this month they are finally attractive again!
The promo awards in August are available for travel between August 2022 and January 2023.
This month, destinations in the Caribbean are very interesting: Round trips to Guadeloupe and Martinique cost 65,000 miles, while La Reunion is also available starting at 84,000 miles + €450.
Business Class for 66,000 miles
Here’s a selection of connections that are available as part of the promotional offer:
- Fort-de-France, Martinique for 66,000 miles + €423 round trip
- Fort-de-France, Martinique for 33,000 miles + €184 one-way
- Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe for 66,000 miles + €435 round trip
- Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe for 33,000 miles + €184 one-way
- Indian Ocean
- Saint-Denis, La Reunion for 84,000 miles + €415 round trip (with airport change in Paris)
- Saint-Denis, La Reunion for 42,000 miles + €183 one-way (with airport change in Paris)
Some of these Air France flights depart from Paris-Orly, meaning that you’ll have to change airport if you’re flying in from somewhere else. Make sure to give yourself a large time buffer!
Also, you can fly economy class to Houston for 15,000 miles in each direction. On top, you will have to pay taxes and fees that will cost you around €125, depending on your routing. But particularly during peak season, this can still be a sweet deal, especially if you only need a one-way flight.
Search & Book
These flights can be found with departure anywhere in Europe, though the number of miles and the taxes & fees will vary depending on where you start your trip. These prices expire on August 31, 2022 (or earlier) and should be available for flights until January 31. The number of seats per day is limited, though, so don’t expect daily availability.
You can book these flights on Air France’s website or, even easier, by using this form:
Terms & Conditions
Promotional awards come with a few rules that you should keep in mind when booking:
- You can only book your award seat through airfrance.com or klm.com
- The award ticket can be used in combination with connecting flights
- Award tickets can be booked for one-way or return-flights
- If you run into technical problems during booking or the process has been interrupted, you’ll have to log-in to your Flying Blue account and try again
- Of course, these promotional offers will only run until all seats are gone
Cover Picture: © Air France