Oneworld member Finnair is currently offering cheap roundtrips to New York from Russia. The interesting part is that you don’t necessarily have to fly back to Russia, but could instead fly to other European destinations on the way back. For instance, you could fly St. Petersburg – New York – Frankfurt for €109. There’s availability from October 2021 until February 2022.
Unfortunately, the prices have increased by roughly €95. If you combine this with a nice visit to St. Petersburg, you still may be interested in these flights, though. Most flights to Spain, however, are no longer available.
You can currently neither enter the USA nor Russia. We’ll have to wait and see how the situation is at the end of the year.
Only hand luggage is included. You can also buy the Economy Classic fare, including 23 kg of checked luggage, starting at €167)
Various combinations are possible. For instance, your return flight from New York could go to:
- Frankfurt: €109
- Munich: €109
- Hamburg: €116
- Madrid: €133
- Barcelona: €133
- Dusseldorf: €139
- Milan: €142
Palma de Mallorca: €145 Ibiza: €145 Valencia: €146 Sevilla: €146 Asturias: €146 Vigo: €146 Málaga: €146 Alicante: €146 La Coruña: €146 Bilbao: €146
- Rome: €156
- Riga: €158
- Tallinn: €158
- Vilnius: €159
- Paris: €161
- Lisbon: €166
- Porto: €166
- Stockholm: €166 (~SEK 1,676)
- Gothenburg: €168 (~SEK 1,696)
- Oslo: €169 (~NOK 1,704)
- Bergen: €174 (~NOK 1,754)
Las Palmas: €178 Santiago de Compostela: €181 Pamplona: €181
- Brussels: €187
- Copenhagen: €188 (~DKK 1,398)
- Trondheim: €190 (~NOK 1,916)
Granada: €191 San Sebastian: €191 Almería: €191
- Budapest: €192 (~HUF 67,418)
- Billund: €194 (~DKK 1,443)
- Marseille: €198
- Bordeaux: €198
- and many more…
Sometimes, it is also possible to fly to Los Angeles or other US destinations and then fly back from New York. You’ll have to experiment a bit.
The outbound flight is operated by Finnair via Helsinki. On your way back, you could also fly with American Airlines or British Airways.
Search & Book
There’s availability until 2022. Your stay has to be at least 6 days long. Also, we recommend that you book as soon as possible, as the offer could be gone within hours.
You can find available dates easily by using Google Flights. You can then book directly at Finnair.
The tickets are issued in booking class O. You can roughly expect to get something along these lines:
- 4,760 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 4,600 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 2,380 Avios + 50 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 2,380 Avios + 210 TP on Iberia Plus
- 2,300 Qmiles + 20 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 2,300 Award Miles + 4,760 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 2,300 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 2,300 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 2,300 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 2,300 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 0 Miles on Asia Miles