Gulf carrier Etihad Airways surprises us with a great business class deal on flights from Doha to Phuket. The airline offers roundtrips for just €565, available between August 2021 and April 2022. You have to change planes in Abu Dhabi in both directions. In the light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, there are a lot of red flags you should consider before booking.
Tourists are currently not allowed to enter Qatar, and even transit is only possible if your arriving and departing flight are on a single ticket. Especially for 2021 travel dates, you likely won’t be able to make to Doha to take your flight.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
Feel free to use our Go2 search form to find suiting flight dates. Highlighted are all flight dates at the lowest price for trips from one to three weeks.
The long haul segments are operated by Boeing 787 aircraft. These feature a 1-2-1 seating pattern with fully lie-flat seats up front. Find out more with our great business class comparison.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, these unusually cheap tickets are available until June 27, 2021 for travel before March 30, 2021. Availability is great at time of writing.
Rebooking These Tickets
According to EtihadHub.com, you can change your travel date and even destinations (within a certain radius) without any additional costs. This goodwill policy covers tickets with travel dates before October 31, 2021.
Cities for a destination change are Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Jakarta and Manila. While FlyerTalk users claim to have done this successfully, we can’t guarantee it will work.
Eithad issues tickets for all flight segments in booking class W. This results in the following earning opportunities:
- 13,764 Miles on Hainan Fortune Wings Club
- 9,036 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 8,562 Award Miles + 8,552 EQMs on American AAdvantage
- 8,552 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 8,552 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 8,552 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 8,552 Miles on Oman Air Sindbad
- 8,552 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 8,552 Miles on Virgin Australia Velocity
- 8,552 Miles on Etihad Guest
- 8,552 Miles on South African Voyager
- 8,552 Miles on Asiana Club
- 8,222 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 8,222 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 8,222 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
Thanks to our source FlyerTalk!