SkyTeam member airlines KLM, Air France & Delta have released sweet fares for various US routes. The offers start with connections from to New York and Boston for only €283 (~DKK 2,104)! Unfortunately, these fares do not include checked luggage.
You can fly to the following cities:
- New York: €283 (~DKK 2,104)
- Boston: €283 (~DKK 2,104)
- Washington DC: €320 (~DKK 2,380)
- Seattle: €378 (~DKK 2,811)
Besides Copenhagen, the fare also allows you to fly from Billund.
This cheap fare only includes one piece of carry-on and a personal item that you can bring on board. If you want to add checked bags, you can do so when booking on one of the carrier’s websites. Expect the price to go up by €100 per round trip.
Search & Book
Tickets will be available until September 26, 2021 or until the last cheap seat has been sold. The seasonal restrictions for this offer are:
- August 12 through December 14
- December 24 through June 19
- August 24 through January 2
- January 11 through July 14
Stay for at least 6 days or stick to the Saturday night rule if you want to book this cheap fare. Lastly, you cannot fly on weekends.
The flights between Copenhagen and Amsterdam are issued in booking class L, while the long-haul flights are issued in booking class V. A roundtrip to New York would get you:
- 3,000 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 2,974 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 2,846 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 2,454 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 2,316 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 2,210 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 2,210 Award Miles + 8,266 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 2,098 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,954 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,954 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 1,848 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 1,848 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,848 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 1,848 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 1,848 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 704 Award Miles + 30 XP on FlyingBlue
- 634 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 600 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 394 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
Flying Blue is probably the best option to credit your flights.
Hotels in the US can be quite pricey. That makes a comparison of prices but also location and value for money very important. We would suggest using our favorite hotel booking platofrm for that:
Check out our hotel vouchers and coupons as well. If you are lucky, one of these codes may be very useful and help you save a good amount of money:
Information & Tips for USA
The USA offers many sights, natural wonders and cultural significance. Thanks to numerous airlines offering flights across the Atlantic, it is always pretty inexpensive to get there. Alternatively, you can also cross the Atlantic by boat.
Immigration, ESTA & Visa Requirements
The USA has one of the strictest entry regulations in the world. Most EU citizens, among others, are lucky to be able to participate in the so-called Visa Waiver Program. If you get an electronic entry permit (ESTA) for about €12, you don’t need a visa for entry.
The Best Time to Visit
Due to its sheer size, the perfect time to visit the USA varies greatly from region to region. In winter, Florida is very popular due to the mild temperatures. In the summer the West and East Coasts are flooded by tourists which drives up the prices for hotels and flights and during the Indian Summer in late autumn New England is a very popular destination. The hurricane season between July and September can be dangerous in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico. Florida and the southern states are regularly struck by these tropical storms. Blizzards occur from the East Coast to the Midwest during the winter months and regularly put air traffic and public life on hold.
The US dollar is widely used throughout the world and accepted as a currency in most tourist hotspots worldwide. That being said, carrying cash isn’t necessary in the US, all you need is a credit card! These are very common in the USA and are accepted pretty much everywhere without any issues. If you already have a credit card in your wallet, you should make sure that it does not charge a foreign currency fee if possible. Carrying a few dollars in cash doesn’t hurt though. You might need cash e.g. for the bus ticket if you want to buy it directly from the driver. Most of the time you even have to give exact change.
→ All Dealz for USA
Cover Picture: Photo by Mathilde Paret on Unsplash