Swiss and Lufthansa are once again running an awesome companion sale for flights departing from the United Kingdom. You can book your return flight in first or business class to Asia, South America, Africa, or the Middle East at really low prices. First class prices, for instance, start at only £1,399 (~€1,615)! The only requirement is that you book for at least two passengers.
While general availability is not as outstanding as at the start anymore (especially in first class). But there are still a lot of bargains to be made.
This is a partner sale – you have to purchase tickets for at least two adults to get the quoted price.
Some routes are only operated by Lufthansa (e.g., Buenos Aires), but the best deals are for Swiss’ first class.
All prices are per person when booking for a party of two or more.
- Dubai at £1,399 (~€1,615)
- Delhi at £1,499 (~€1,731)
- Bangalore at £1,499 (~€1,731)
- Mumbai at £1,499 (~€1,731)
- Bangkok at £1,699 (~€1,962)
- Hong Kong at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- São Paulo at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- Singapore at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- Buenos Aires at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- Johannesburg at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- Cape Town at £1,799 (~€2,077)
- and more…
All prices are per person when booking for a party of two or more.
- Cairo at £499 (~€576)
- Amman at £499 (~€576)
- Tel Aviv at £499 (~€576)
- Dubai at £899 (~€1,038)
- Riyadh at £949 (~€1,096)
- Muscat at £999 (~€1,153)
- Nairobi at £999 (~€1,153)
- Bangalore at £999 (~€1,153)
- Mumbai at £999 (~€1,153)
- Delhi at £999 (~€1,153)
- Lagos at £999 (~€1,153)
- Bangkok at £1,099 (~€1,269)
- Bogotá at £1,199 (~€1,384)
- Singapore at £1,199 (~€1,384)
- Hong Kong at £1,199 (~€1,384)
- Johannesburg at £1,199 (~€1,384)
- Cape Town at £1,199 (~€1,384)
- São Paulo at £1,299 (~€1,500)
- Buenos Aires at £1,299 (~€1,500)
- Rio de Janeiro at £1,299 (~€1,500)
Tip: If you’re looking for another person in order to be eligible to book the companion special, you’re welcome to leave a comment. Alternatively, if you speak German, you can also visit our Travel-Dealz forum.
Since Lufthansa is phasing out more and more aircraft with a First Class cabin, we strongly recommend booking First Class flights with Swiss. This way, you dodge unpleasant surprises like downgrades.
Swiss offers a top notch first class product that won’t disappoint you. Especially the great service on board is really well. To get a better idea of what your flight could be like, check out our review:
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, you should be able to book your tickets until March 8, 2021. The offer is valid for trips commencing on or before February 7, 2022.
The availability of this deal is very good. Google Flights (instructions) mostly displays the correct prices in its calendar. Don’t forget to search for two persons, otherwise you won’t find the prices that we’re promoting here. We recommend booking directly on Swiss’ website or on Lufthansa’s website for business class flights.
Why is booking with an airline better than with an online travel agency?
More often than not, online travel agencies offer lower fares than airlines do. We still recommend booking with the airlines directly. There are three main reasons for that:
- The Covid-19 Pandemic
During the worldwide outbreak of Covid-19, planning international travel got more and more risky because of ever-changing restrictions. In contrast to many online travel agencies, most airlines modified their terms & conditions to become more customer friendly. Rebooking conditions are eased, change fees are waived and cancellations are much easier when there is no third party involved.
Further, by adding an OTA to your plans, you increase the risk of one service provider involved going bankrupt. Now, the airline and the online travel agency involved could vanish along with your money.
- Better Customer Service
In case any problems like delays, cancellations or missed connections arise, you can communicate directly with the airline. The airlines has to take care of you because you have a contract with them.
If a travel agency issues your ticket, you may have to reach out to them first. You also depend on your OTA to forward you information like flight changes instead receiving them directly from the airline. You may get a prime exhibition of responsibility shifting rather than problem solving.
This especially applies for premium tickets. You don’t want to spend more than €1,000 to wind up with some budget OTA’s telephone hotline in case anything goes wrong.
- Baggage Fees
Economy fares not including hold luggage are more and more common. In most cases, travel agencies charge much higher baggage fees than the airlines themselves. If bags are not included in your fare, airlines are often the cheaper alternative.
Searching flights with Swiss gives you the advantage of a ready-made availability calendar:
Tickets for feeder flights in business class to Zurich will be issued in booking class J. once you’re sitting in first class, this changes to A. Consequently, the earning rate is more than decent. Here’s what a flight from London to Bangkok via Zurich can get you:
- 38,580 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 37,750 Miles on Miles&More
- 35,750 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 35,710 Miles on Air Malta Flypass
- 35,710 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 35,710 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 24,900 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 24,900 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 24,460 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 24,460 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 24,460 Miles on United MileagePlus
- 24,260 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 23,970 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 23,970 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 18,340 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 18,150 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 18,120 Miles on Asiana Club
- 18,100 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 18,100 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 18,100 Miles on South African Voyager
- 17,850 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 1,220 Miles on Asia Miles
If you’re traveling business class, tickets will be in booking class P. Here’s the outcome for the same example route:
- 22,200 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 17,230 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 14,400 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 14,300 Miles on Miles&More
- 14,000 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 13,800 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 13,800 Miles on Asiana Club
- 13,780 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 13,780 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 13,780 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 13,780 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 13,780 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 13,780 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 13,780 Miles on South African Voyager
- 13,780 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 13,780 Miles on United MileagePlus
- 13,780 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 13,780 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 9,650 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 6,890 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 980 Miles on Asia Miles