When searching for a comfortable place to sleep, a popular luxury hotel chain is the so-called InterConti. In most InterContinental hotels, prices of over €200 are common, or even more. However, we have now found the cheapest InterContis in the world: 15 hotels which cost less than €100. Unfortunately, the entry regulations make some hotels almost unreachable, e.g. in China. Nevertheless, several options remain, such as in Mexico or South Korea.
If you want to stay in Europe, there are not many InterConti options that are inexpensive. Nevertheless, we have listed the cheapest 5 below.
These are currently the cheapest InterContinental hotels in the world:
- InterContinental Yokohama Grand, Japan starting at JP¥10,088 (~€74)
- InterContinental Tangshan, China starting at CN¥539 (~€78)
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort, South Korea starting at ₩108,834 (~€81)
- InterContinental Presidente Puebla, Mexico starting at US$85 (~€83)
- InterContinental Dar Al Hijra, Saudi Arabia starting at SAR 331 (~€86)
- InterContinental Lhasa Paradise, China starting at CN¥598 (~€86)
- InterContinental Fuzhou, China starting at CN¥611 (~€88)
- InterContinental Presidente Guadalajara, Mexico starting at US$92 (~€90)
- InterContinental Quanzhou, China starting at CN¥614 (~€89)
- InterContinental Wuxi, China starting at CN¥642 (~€93)
- InterContinental Huizhou Resort, China starting at CN¥653 (~€94)
- InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, Indonesia starting at US$99 (~€97)
- InterContinental Cali, Colombia starting at US$102 (~€99)
- InterContinental Shijiazhuang, China starting at CN¥699 (~€101)
- InterContinental Pattaya Resort, Thailand starting at THB 3,699 (~€102)
And these are the 5 cheapest InterContis in Europe:
- InterContinental Malta, Malta starting at €107
- InterContinental Warsaw, Poland starting at PLN 524 (~€112)
- InterContinental Sofia, Bulgaria starting at BGN 257 (~€132)
- InterContinental Athenaeum Athens, Greece starting at €141
- InterContinental Cascais-Estoril, Portugal starting at €149
Here you can see all mentioned hotels on a map:
You can make even more out of your stays by purchasing the InterContinental Ambassador status, that gives you two vouchers for free weekend nights and all benefits of IHG Rewards One Platinum Elite status:
China, China, China… The list of the cheapest InterContinental hotels is dominated by hotels in Chinese cities that most people have rarely heard about – not surprising given the general price levels in that region and the current travel restrictions. Saudi Arabia and Indonesia are among the more attractive destinations on this list. Sadly, many hotels, which used to be among the cheapest a few months ago, have now increased their prices due to travel restrictions being lifted: InterContinental hotels in Dubai, Hanoi, and Kuala Lumpur being among them. With no attractive destination currently lowering its prices, the list is not as great as it used to be.
As expected, the options in Europe are very limited too, but at least there are 5 European countries, where you can stay for less than €150 per night.
Cover Picture: Ditmar Lange