Brussels Airlines is currently selling cheap tickets for premium economy flights from London to Bujumbura in Burundi. You can get the trip for £609 (~€690). The flights are via Brussels. You can also start from Manchester, Birmingham or Edinburgh for similar prices.
For one or the other, the following option should be even more interesting: If you include a night in Brussels on the way there, the flights are available for only £475 (~€538). This is possible because the British air passenger duty tax will be significantly reduced as a result of the layover. There is availability for travel until January 2024.
You can use the following form to search for the flights. Enter your desired dates and let yourself be forwarded directly to Lufthansa’s website for booking (Lufthansa owns Brussels Airlines). Note that availability varies depending on the departure city and is limited to flights that leave the United Kingdom on Tuesdays or Fridays.
First, you usually take an Airbus A320 to Brussels, from where you get to your destination in an Airbus A330. The pure flight time is almost 10 hours in each direction. The flight on the way back stops in Entebbe.
Search & Book
The fare rules do not disclose any information about the offer. Availability depends on the airport of departure. From London, there’s availability until January 2024.
We recommend using Google Flights (instructions) to see when flights are the cheapest. You can book the flights directly on Lufthansa‘s or Brussels Airlines‘ website by using their multistop search form, with the leg from Brussels to Bujumbura the day after your departure from London.
For example, if you find a cheap flight on Google from June 6 to June 18, you would have to use the following search pattern:
- London – Brussels on June 6 (make sure you use the exact same flight Google displays as the cheapest)
- Brussels – Bujumbura on June 7
- Bujumbura – London on June 18
You can also use our Go2 tool above to complete your search.
The booking class is Y on feeders and N on long-haul flights. The following credits should therefore be possible:
- 12,656 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 10,548 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 9,248 Points on SAS EuroBonus
- 9,048 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 9,048 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 8,702 Award Miles + 1,630 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 8,594 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 8,484 Miles on Asiana Club
- 8,484 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 8,484 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 8,484 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 8,484 Miles on Singapore KrisFlyer
- 6,070 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 4,458 Miles on South African Voyager
- 1,588 Award Miles + 10,548 Tier Miles on Miles&More
- 1,588 Award Miles + 200 Points on Miles&More 2024
- 1,500 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 544 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 436 Award Miles on Etihad Guest
- 436 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 434 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
Hotel prices in Bujumbura usually start at roughly €60-70, depending on the hotel category and the specific dates. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Cover Picture: © Brussels Airlines