British Airways currently offers tickets to South Africa from several airports in Germany and from Vienna, starting at €399. The offer is particularly interesting because it includes 23 kg of luggage. In addition to Johannesburg, two other destinations are also possible: Durban and Port Elizabeth.
Entry to South Africa is permitted but requires a test.
British Airways offers relatively generous rebooking rules that have recently been extended. All bookings can be canceled free of charge. You will then receive a voucher for the amount of the flight price, which can be redeemed until September 2023. In the case of a (voluntary) rebooking, however, the fare difference applies. More on this here on the BA website.
You can easily book the flights using the following search form. Simply select the desired departure airport, travel destination, and travel dates. We will then redirect you to British Airways’ booking site with one click. Please note that the offer is only valid for flights from September to December 2021.
Below are the prices for each destination and departure airport:
The flights always include a layover in London. For long-haul flights, the Boeing 777 and Airbus A380 are scheduled.
If you want to fly to Durban or Port Elizabeth, you have to change planes in Johannesburg. The connecting flight is then operated by the low-cost airline Kulula.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, the flights can be booked by August 15, 2021 for departures from August 30 to December 17, 2021. The minimum stay requirement is of one night from Saturday to Sunday and the return flight must take place before December 24, 2021.
The long-haul routes are in booking class O. You will receive the following mileage credits for a return flight to Johannesburg:
- 6,104 Avios + 40 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 5,284 Points on Finnair Plus
- 3,320 Avios + 60 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 3,320 Avios + 210 TP on Iberia Plus
- 3,320 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 3,284 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 3,284 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 3,284 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 3,284 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,052 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 3,052 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 3,052 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 2,820 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 232 Award Miles + 10 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
Hotels in Johannesburg
In Johannesburg, you will find normal hotel prices. Typical 3-star hotels are available from around €50 per night, 4-star hotels start at around €80 per night. The popular lodges in national parks can get exceptionally expensive depending on the popularity of the park.
With these vouchers, you can save some money on many platforms: