Oneworld member British Airways has drastically lowered its prices for flights to Shanghai, as long as you depart from Brussels, Madrid, or Luxembourg. A particular highlight of this deal is that luggage is included. There’s availability from September through November.
Worldwide travel restrictions are in place to slow the spread of Covid-19. We strongly recommend gathering detailed information about the travel and quarantine restrictions that apply to your desired origin and destination.
A good start is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) website. It provides current updates on a country’s immigration policies. Even better, the Covid-19 Travel Regulations Map is one of the most useful tools you can find.
You would always first fly to London, and then continue to Shanghai on a Boeing 777. You can take 23 kg of checked luggage on all of these flights.
Search & Book
You can buy these tickets until January 31, 2021. The flights have to take place between September 1 and November 30 and your trip has to include a Sunday.
The short European flights to London are issued in booking class S, while the long-haul flights to Shanghai will be issued in booking class O. Should you depart from Luxembourg, you can expect the following total mileage:
- 6,062 Qmiles + 40 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 5,134 Points on Finnair Plus
- 3,372 Avios + 60 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 3,372 Avios + 210 TP on Iberia Plus
- 3,372 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 3,192 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 3,188 Avios on Aer Lingus AerClub
- 3,188 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 3,188 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 3,030 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 3,030 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club
- 3,030 Miles on Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- 3,030 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 318 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 160 Award Miles + 10 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
Information & Tips for Shanghai
Shanghai is the most important financial and commercial center of China. But not only business travelers are welcome here. Also, regular tourists can get there money’s worth. And this is great because the city is connected to many major airports and therfor we’ll often present you with good deals for flights to Shanghai.
Best Time to Visit
Since Shanghai is located in a subtropical climate zone, spring and autumn are the best travel times thanks to moderate temperatures and a few rainy days. April, May, September, and October are particularly suitable for a visit to the Chinese city thanks to the low rainfall and humidity.
From the airport to the city
Shanghai Pudong Airport is located 40km east of the city center. Probably the fastest and most exciting method is the Maglev. The magnetic levitation train takes only 7 minutes, and with costs of around 5€ it is also a rather inexpensive (and of course faster!) alternative to a taxi, which would cost about 20€.
→ All Dealz for Shanghai
Cover Picture: ©f11photo - stock.adobe.com