Oneworld members JAL and Finnair are currently selling their business class tickets from Germany to Japan at an incredible price. Prices start at only €671 to Tokyo, Osaka & other destinations in the country. Availability varies depending on the destination, but it’s mostly between January and March 2021.
The deal is no longer available.
Such a low price for business class tickets might be a mistake by the airline. We recommend booking directly on JAL.co.jp – or at least through Expedia. Our Skyscanner links give you an option to be redirected to JAL. You can also book tickets with Finnair and sometimes British Airways on JAL’s website.
You should also keep in mind that you currently can’t enter Japan as a tourist. It is still unknown when Japan will reopen for tourism. JAL does offer free rebooking, but it seems that a fare difference would have to be paid.
You can start your trip in Hamburg, Stuttgart, Berlin, Hanover, or Frankfurt. The price may vary by a couple of euros depending on the point of departure.
The following destinations are possible:
Search & Book
There’s availability to Tokyo from mid September 2020 until early February. The flights to Osaka are apparently even available until March.
There’s a minimum stay requirement of 3 days. You can find available dates easily by using Google Flights. You can then book directly at JAL. Google can redirect you to the low price, even if it usually shows much higher prices at first.
The tickets are issued in booking class I. If you fly with JAL to Tokyo, you’ll get the following amount of miles:
- 19,572 Kilometers on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 13,978 Miles on American AAdvantage
- 13,614 Miles on Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer
- 13,614 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 13,178 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 12,162 Miles on Bangkok Airways FlyerBonus
- 10,960 Points on Finnair Plus
- 8,990 Avios + 360 TP on British Airways Executive Club
- 8,628 Avios + 74 Qpoints on Qatar Privilege Club
- 8,628 Avios + 1,230 TP on Iberia Plus
- 8,628 Miles on Alaska Mileage Plan
- 8,624 Miles on SriLankan FlySmiles
- 8,264 Award Miles + 60 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 7,172 Miles on LATAM Pass
- 6,812 Award Miles + 60 XP on FlyingBlue
- 6,810 Miles on Emirates Skywards
- 6,810 Miles on HawaiianMiles
- 4,246 Miles on S7 Airlines Priority Club