SkyTeam member Air France is selling cheap premium economy flights from Milan to Tokyo and Osaka. Prices start at merely €771. There’s good availability from October until May 2022. As always, Air France lets its premium economy passengers bring 2 pieces of luggage (each up to 23 kg).
All Air France and KLM tickets issued for flights until March 31, 2022, are fully refundable. You’d receive a voucher which can be refunded to your bank account. You can read more about this here. Flights after March 2022 are not refundable.
Our availability calendar shows all available dates for trips between 11 and 28 days. Simply select the route and dates and you’ll be redirected to Air France’s booking site.
From Milan, you would first fly to Paris, from where Air France would fly you to Japan. Flights to Tokyo are operated with a Boeing 777, while Air France has scheduled a Boeing 787 to fly to Osaka. The long-haul flights are roughly 12 hours long.
Search & Book
This fare can be booked until September 27, 2021 for trips before December 18 or between December 31 and July 21. The minimum stay requirement is of 4 days (or a Sunday). Furthermore, your stay cannot exceed 3 months. The premium economy tickets have to be booked at least 5 days before departure. Stopovers are not permitted.
The flights between Milan and Paris are issued in economy booking class Y, while the premium economy long-haul flights are issued in booking class A. To give you an example, a round trip to Tokyo will get you:
- 20,612 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 20,612 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 20,612 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 19,100 Miles on Alitalia MileMiglia
- 19,030 Award Miles + 19,600 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 15,824 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 14,014 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 13,676 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 13,066 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 13,066 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 13,066 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 13,066 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 12,806 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 12,806 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 12,806 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 12,806 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 12,806 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 12,806 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 6,774 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 2,712 Award Miles + 58 XP on FlyingBlue
- 1,200 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Want to know how many Flying Blue miles and XP you’ll get, depending on a status that you may have? Here’s a Flying Blue calculator:
You can also replace
KIX to calculate the miles you’d get for a flight to Osaka.
Information & Tips for Japan
Japan, the ‘land of the rising sun’, is located in the east of Asia and is one of the most popular travel destinations on the continent. Big cities like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto convince urban fans while ski fans get their money’s worth in Hokkaido and Tohoku.
Flights to Japan are usually a little more expensive than comparable offers to other destinations in Asia, but there are exceptions, and you can sometimes find bargains.
Best travel time
Since the country consists of many climatic zones it is hard to name a perfect time for travelling to Japan. However, summer should usually be avoided, as June is dominated by the rainy season and July and August offer sweltering temperatures with high humidity.
Most European citizens do not need a visa to enter Japan for a stay of up to 180 days if they do not want to work, study or train. Travelers that arrive under these conditions without a visa will be granted a residence permit as a “Temporary Visitor” for an initial period of 90 days upon entering the country at the airport.
→ All Dealz for Japan
Cover Picture: © Air France