Flights to Madagascar are usually not at all cheap and rarely available for less than €600. Currently, however, you can take advantage of a great deal from Italy: The roundtrip to Antananarivo with Air France can be purchased for €400. Interestingly, a 23 kg piece of luggage is included, even though this is an Economy Light fare.
We recently posted this deal for €480, which already was a good price. Naturally, €400 are even more appealing.
You can start your trip in the following cities:
Our availability calendar highlights all possible flight dates at the lowest price for trips up to 28 days. It will forward you to KLM with your preselected flight dates. The airline sells the cheapest tickets itself.
The flights have a short layover in Paris Charles de Gaulle airport. Air France uses a Boeing 777 for its long-haul flights to Antananarivo, with seat aligned in a 3-4-3 formation with roughly 81 cm of legroom.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, this deal will remain until November 30, 2022 for flights before May 2023, though availability ceases in March 2023.
The minimum stay requirement is of four days (or a Sunday). A visa on arrival should be possible. It costs MGA 80,000 (~€17) for up to 30 days or MGA 100,000 (~€21) for up to 60 days. You can find available dates using Google Flights. We highly recommend that you book directly on KLM’s website.
The booking class for the flight between Italy and Paris is L, while the long-haul flights are issued in booking class X. Only a few programs are recommendable for crediting your miles:
- 3,234 Award Miles + 11,904 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 2,690 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 2,690 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 2,690 Miles on Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- 1,000 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 1,000 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 964 Award Miles + 34 XP on FlyingBlue
- 830 Kilometers on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 664 Kilometers on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 644 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 600 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 516 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
- 516 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 516 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 516 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 516 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 516 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 516 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 516 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 516 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
Another option that’s fine is Flying Blue, where you’ll receive 4 to 8 award miles per euro, which would be something between 1,200 and 2,400 miles. Delta SkyMiles, however, is far more attractive: You’d receive roughly 3,200 award miles and a hefty sum of almost 12,000 status miles (MQMs)
Hotel prices in Madagascar usually start at roughly €30, depending on the hotel category. Whichever category and hotel you opt for, make sure to get the best price! Our recommendation is to search on booking.com, or even on our own Travel-Dealz hotel search:
Informationen für Madagaskar
Best Time to Visit
Madagascar is the second largest island nation after Indonesia with an impressive 500.000 square kilometers; therefore it is only normal that the climate varies by region quite a bit.
In North and the East, temperatures can reach upwards of 30°C with simultaneous strong rainfall between the months of November and April. The island is also frequented by strong cyclones. The best time to visit is usually between April and November, on the East coast between July and November.
Immigration & Visa Requirements
EU citizens require a visa to visit Madagascar. The visa can be purchased for 80.000 MRA (approx. 20€) upon arrival at the international Airport of Antananarivo-Ivato. The visa is valid for 30 days. Alternatively, you can get a 60 day visa for 100.000 MRA (approx. 25€)
Only stays over 60 days require a visa application prior to arrival at an embassy of Madagascar.
→ All Dealz for Madagascar