In addition to the deal to Peru (Lima starting at €1,233), Air France also has a great deal for Brazil. Starting at €1,167, you can fly to São Paulo and back in business class. The offer is valid for trips until June 2022, but availability is not particularly high.
This deal is particularly attractive because the corona policies at KLM & Air France have just been extended. All tickets departing before March 31, 2021, can therefore be canceled free of charge.
At KLM & Air France, all tickets for flights up to March 2022 can be canceled free of charge. You will then first receive a voucher, which can be paid out to your bank account or credit card. Regardless of the travel period, rebooking is possible without a rebooking fee, but then the respective fare difference applies. You can read the rules again here.
The trips usually require a layover in Paris. The flights from Frankfurt to Paris are flown with Embraer regional jets from Hop. Air France uses an Airbus A350 or Boeing 777 on long-haul routes. Flights via Amsterdam instead of Paris are also possible, but only with a surcharge of €100.
Search & Book
According to the Fare Rules, the flights can be booked until December 5, 2021. However, it is also possible that the offer will be terminated at an earlier point in time. The departure must take place by June 2022.
The minimum stay requirement for the cheapest tickets is apparently 10 days. If you stay at your destination for a shorter time, the flights are roughly €100 more expensive. According to the fare rules, you can stay at your destination for a maximum of 3 months.
The tickets are issued in booking classes J (European) and O (long-haul). With Flying Blue, the miles are awarded based on the price, and you’ll only get 4 to 6 miles per euro flight price. For the example above with Air France, the number of miles you’d receive looks like this:
- 12,938 Miles on Aerolineas Argentinas Plus
- 12,804 Award Miles + 13,688 MQM on Delta SkyMiles
- 8,880 Miles on Japan Airlines Mileage Bank
- 4,800 Miles on Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- 4,084 Award Miles + 102 XP on FlyingBlue
- 2,094 Miles on Xiamen Airlines Egret Club
- 1,500 Miles on Aeroflot Bonus
- 1,300 Miles on China Airlines Dynasty Flyer
- 1,166 Miles on China Southern Sky Pearl Club
- 1,122 Miles on Aeromexico Club Premier
- 1,122 Miles on China Eastern Eastern Miles
- 1,000 Miles on Saudia Alfursan
- 976 Miles on Czech Airlines OK Plus
- 836 Miles on GOL Aéreos Smiles
- 836 Miles on MEA Cedar Miles
- 836 Miles on Vietnam Golden Lotus Plus
- 698 Miles on Korean Air Skypass
- 698 Miles on Air Europa Club
- 698 Miles on Garuda Indonesia GarudaMiles
Information & Tips for Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo is an important economic and cultural center in Brazil and at the same time the most populous city in the country with 11 million inhabitants and a metropolitan region of 20 million.
The city is comparatively easy to reach from Europe, and the major hub airports are served by numerous European and Brazilian airlines. Bargains are not as common as to Rio de Janeiro, but there are still good offers.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Sao Paulo is between March and May and between October and November. At this time of year, the weather is warm, and precipitation is comparatively low.
From the airport to the city
You can get a taxi for about 23€-28€. Note that Guarulhos International Airport, which serves most international flights, is located pretty far outside the city and it can take between 45 minutes and 3 hours to get to the city center depending on traffic conditions!
→ All Dealz for Sao Paulo