Air China is once again running a great sale and with it come sweet deals for flights from London to Asia, Australia and New Zeeland. Prices for a round-trip start at €319/£280 for a flight to Bangkok. Although we found the connections to Sydney, Australia to be one of the most interesting ones. Fly to the other side of the world for only €459/£404!
- Bangkok at €319/£280
- Taipei at €347/£305
- Hong Kong at €396/£348
- Shanghai at €408/£359
- Phuket at €423/£372
- Beijing at €438/£385
- Sydney at €459/£404
- Tokyo at €496/£436
- Auckland at €544/£479
- And more
Even if the prices could suggest otherwise: the low fares that the Star Alliance member is promoting already include 2 pieces of checked luggage, both of them up to 23kg.
On all routes, you will have a layover in China before continuing to your destination (that is if you’re not traveling to China anyway). As a citizen of the European Union, you should be eligible for transit visa exemptions at all Chinese Airports that Air China approaches. Just make sure to find the right counter after your arrival.
Search & Book
According to the fare rules, the offer should be available until September 30, 2019. That said, it is not sure that Air China will keep this sale going for such a long time. As always: better book early if you want to take advantage of this low price.
Most routes will be available for flights departing before June 20th, 2020. You will have to stay for at least 6 days, and your last stopover must commence no later than 3 months after your departure from London.
It is hard to find suitable dates using Google Flights (instruction) because Google usually does not display prices for flights sold by Air China. Therefore it will take a while until you can see how much a trip costs. So we recommend using the ITA Airfare Search or our Travel-Dealz flight search tool to look for dates that suit you best. Following the instructions, a reasonable amount of travel dates will be displayed. You can also visit Air China’s website and book your flights there.
The booking class for these flights is L. Most Star Alliance programs will credit you with 25% award miles. For flights that cheap this isn’t a bad yield. Examples are given for a London to Sydney roundtrip:
- 15,909 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 10,605 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 8,534 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 6,364 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 5,305 Miles on Miles&More
- 5,305 Award Miles + 1,061 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 5,305 Award Miles + 5,303 Tier Miles on Asia Miles
- 5,305 Miles on Asiana Club
- 5,305 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 5,303 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 5,303 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 5,303 Miles on South African Voyager
- 5,303 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 5,303 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 5,303 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 5,303 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 5,303 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 5,303 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 5,303 Points on SAS EuroBonus