Star Alliance member Air China is currently selling very cheap tickets from London to Melbourne. For full-service economy class flights, including 2 pieces of luggage, you’d only pay €468 (~£405). You can even add a stopover or simply select flights with a very long layover and explore Beijing without needing to worry about expensive visas and so on.
From London, you would fly to Beijing, from where you’d continue to Melbourne on an Airbus A330. You’ll be served free food and drinks on all four flights. Each flight is roughly 11 hours long.
Search & Book
This deal is valid until November 30, 2019. Sadly, Google Flights is no use for Air China’s flights, as it doesn’t display the prices. You’ll simply have to try around on Air China’s website, or our Travel-Dealz flight search with dates during the following travel periods:
- October 21st – December 5th
- January 12th – January 17th
- February 16th – March 19th
- April 6th – April 13th
- April 21st – June 10th
Your trip has to be at least 6 days long and no longer than 6 months.
All tickets are issued in booking class L. That means that you’d get the following number of miles:
- 16,094 Miles on Air India Flying Returns
- 10,728 Miles on TAP Miles & Go
- 8,632 Kilometers on Air China PhoenixMiles
- 6,438 Miles on ANA Mileage Club
- 5,366 Miles on Miles&More
- 5,366 Award Miles + 1,072 PQP on United MileagePlus
- 5,366 Miles on Asia Miles
- 5,366 Miles on Asiana Club
- 5,366 Miles on Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles
- 5,366 Miles on EgyptAir Plus
- 5,366 Miles on Aegean Miles+Bonus
- 5,366 Miles on South African Voyager
- 5,366 Miles on Avianca LifeMiles
- 5,366 Miles on Ethiopian ShebaMiles
- 5,366 Miles on Copa ConnectMiles
- 5,366 Miles on Air Canada Aeroplan
- 5,366 Miles on Thai Royal Orchid Plus
- 5,366 Miles on EVA Infinity MileageLands
- 5,366 Points on SAS EuroBonus
Information & Tips for Melbourne
Although Melbourne is not the capital of Australia, the metropolis with a population of 4.4 million is in constant competition with Sydney for becoming the cultural capital of the country.
From the airport to the city
Depending on the traffic, the journey by Skybus or taxi takes between 30 and 60 minutes. Airport busses cost around 9€, a taxi ride between 35€ – 42€, Uber is slightly cheaper.
Best Time to Visit
Spring (September to November) and autumn (March to May) are the most suitable periods for tourism thanks to moderate temperatures and right weather conditions.
→ All Dealz for Melbourne
Information & Tips for Australia
Australia, also know as ‘Down Under’, is an absolute dream destination because of its distance to Europe and its beautiful countryside. But because it’s so far away, the flights are costly. Nevertheless, there is always Dealz for less than 1.000€.
Best Time to Visit
Australia is a vast country with different climate zones. Summers (November to February) are hot and mostly dry, winters (June to September) are relatively mild.
Entry & Visa
Most European citizens require an eVisa which has to be issued before your arrival. You can apply online, and the process will be free of charge.
→ All Dealz for Australia
Cover Picture: © rudi1976