With an Interrail-Pass (for European citizens) or Eurail-Pass (for Non-European citizens) you can travel through most of Europe by train pretty flexibly. Breakfast in Barcelona, lunch in Paris and dinner in Brussels? No problem! With the Interrail Global Pass you can travel through 33 participating European countries, using their national rail services.
Now you can get 50% off Interrail Passes when you purchase before May 10, 2022. You have to start your within 11 months after your purchase. Preselecting a date is not necessary.
The discount allows you to save up to €251 on the least expensive pass. Usually, multi month first class passes are discounted by a maximum of €100. These saving rates are absolutely bonkers:
Even better, the discounted passes are continuous passes. Many Interrail passes allow only for a few selected days of travel within the travel period. But with these bad boys, you can travel on each day of your travel period.
The discount applies to both travel classes, first and second class. Adults under the age of 27 can get the following prices:
- Second Class, 1 Month at €252
- Second Class, 2 Months at €274
- Second Class, 3 Months at €339
- First Class, 1 Month at €335
- First Class, 2 Months at €366
- First Class, 3 Months at €451
If you are age 28 or older, you have to pay a little more. These are the full fare adult prices:
- Second Class, 1 Month at €335
- Second Class, 2 Months at €366
- Second Class, 3 Months at €451
- First Class, 1 Month at €447
- First Class, 2 Months at €488
- First Class, 3 Months at €601
Prices for Seniors (age 60+) are cheaper than adult, but a bit more expensive than youth tickets:
- Second Class, 1 Month at €301
- Second Class, 2 Months at €329
- Second Class, 3 Months at €406
- First Class, 1 Month at €402
- First Class, 2 Months at €439
- First Class, 3 Months at €541
Usually, you can add the Plus option to your passes, making them fully refundable. This is not possible for the 50% discounted passes.
Can I Get A Refund?
All Interrail passes can be cancelled as long as you haven’t started your trip. Normally, you will get a refund of 85% of the amount you paid in any case.
You can also opt to select the Plus option during check-out, increasing the price by of any ticket by €23. In case you want to return your ticket instead of using it, you’ll get your entire money back.
Redeem Interrail/Eurail Coupon
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to redeem your eurail discount code
- Select a pass
Select the eurail pass you want to purchase and proceed to check out.
- Create An Account And Proceed Until Payment
To buy an eurail pass, you need to create an account first. After providing your contact and personal data, proceed to the very last step of your booking process. Click on Were you given a coupon code to enter your code.
- Enter Your Code and Enjoy Your Discount
Enter your coupon code. If it is valid, the total will be subtracted from your bill.
Useful Things to Know
You should know about the following regulations and restrictions before you decide to buy an Interrail pass:
Eurail passes offer different restrictions. For example, these are only available for people with a permanent residence outside of Europe.
- No trips in your country of residence: With InterRail, trips in your country of residence (e.g. Germany if you live in Germany) are not possible except for a trip abroad and back to the place of residence, including e.g. Germany – Paris / Milan – Germany.
- Residence in Europe required: To take advantage of an InterRail Pass, you must be a resident of a participating European country.
- Traveling with kids: Kids under the age of 4 travel free of charge. Up to two children between the ages of 4 and 11 receive a children’s pass free of charge per adult. From the age of 12, a pass is required.
- Additional reservation fees: For many international express trains (between two countries, e.g. Germany – Paris) and also for some domestic trains, a seat reservation is required. For this an additional reservation fee of 15€ (on average) is charged. On some connections, however, no reservation is required. Regional trains may not get you to your destination as quickly, but they will save you the reservation fee. Interrail also offers a reservation service. However, there is an additional charge of 8€ per train, regardless of the number of seats. Alternatively, you can book online, by telephone or directly at the station with some railway operators.
- Plan ahead: Buying the ticket is easy. Make sure to plan your trip very carefully beforehand. There is a the train travel planner app for iOS and Android. You you can also use it to make reservations.
- Don’t forget Hostels & Hotels: When planning, one should also take into account the costs for hotels or hostels. Especially in big metropolises like London and Paris, you should budget at least 100€/night for a hotel. I recommend you to book hotels before your trip. If you want to stay flexible, only book refundable rates (for example via Expedia or Booking.com). Write down the exact cancellation conditions for each reservation and set a reminder! In addition to hotels, there are also private accommodations such as Wimdu, 9flats and Airbnb, as well as couch surfing and camping sites as alternatives.
- An exchange or a refund is not possible with special offers. Standard prices only.
- When ordering, you must specify a start date. Refunds are only possible before the start date.
- If you wish to refund the pass before the start date, a cancellation fee of 15% will apply.
- An exchange of the purchased pass in favor of another pass is possible before the start date for a 15€ administration fee.
Cover Picture: © fotoresultate - Fotolia.com