With an InterRail-Pass you can travel through most of Europe by train pretty flexibly. Breakfast in Barcelona, lunch in Paris and dinner in Brussels? No problem! With the InterRail Global Pass you can travel through 31 participating European countries.
Now you can get 10% off your InterRail Passes when you purchase by October 11, 2019. When using this offer, all travel has to be completed before December 15, 2019.
You should know the following before you decide to buy a pass:
Useful Things to Know
- No trips in your country of residence: With InterRail, trips in your country of residence (e.g. Germany if you live in Germany) are not possible except for a trip abroad and back to the place of residence, including e.g. Germany – Paris / Milan – Germany.
- Residence in Europe required: To take advantage of an InterRail Pass, you must be a resident of a participating European country.
- Traveling with kids: Kids under the age of 4 travel free of charge. Up to two children between the ages of 4 and 11 receive a children’s pass free of charge per adult. From the age of 12, a pass is required.
- Additional reservation fees: For many international express trains (between two countries, e.g. Germany – Paris) and also for some domestic trains, a seat reservation is required. For this an additional reservation fee of 15€ (on average) is charged. On some connections, however, no reservation is required. Regional trains may not get you to your destination as quickly, but they will save you the reservation fee. Interrail also offers a reservation service. However, there is an additional charge of 8€ per train, regardless of the number of seats. Alternatively, you can book online, by telephone or directly at the station with some railway operators.
- Plan ahead: Buying the ticket is easy. Make sure to plan your trip very carefully beforehand. There is a the train travel planner app for iOS and Android. You you can also use it to make reservations.
- Don’t forget Hostels & Hotels: When planning, one should also take into account the costs for hotels or hostels. Especially in big metropolises like London and Paris, you should budget at least 100€/night for a hotel. I recommend you to book hotels before your trip. If you want to stay flexible, only book refundable rates (for example via Expedia or Booking.com). Write down the exact cancellation conditions for each reservation and set a reminder! In addition to hotels, there are also private accommodations such as Wimdu, 9flats and Airbnb, as well as couch surfing and camping sites as alternatives.
- An exchange or a refund is not possible with special offers. Standard prices only.
- When ordering, you must specify a start date. Refunds are only possible before the start date.
- If you wish to refund the pass before the start date, a cancellation fee of 15% will apply.
- An exchange of the purchased pass in favor of another pass is possible before the start date for a 15€ administration fee.