Hilton Honors Diamond tier is one of the most useful hotel loyalty program status in existence. Among other perks, it gives you free breakfast in almost any Hilton brand (outside of America). So every shortcut to it not only saves you time, but money as well.
Usually, you can qualify for Hilton Honors Diamond status through three different ways (in one calendar year):
- 30 stays (stay = one ore more consecutive nights in one hotel)
- 60 nights (can also be consecutively)
- 120,000 base points (= US$12,000 (~€11,065) revenue without taxes)
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions that come with it, Hilton Honors lowered the bar for 2022 significantly:
- 21 stays
- 42 nights
- 84,000 base points (= US$8,400 (~€7,746) revenue without taxes)
Depending on if there is a Hilton Honors credit card available in your country, there may be a fourth way: If you do enough revenue with your credit card in a calendar year, you may be able to earn Diamond status that way too. Or if you are based in the US, you may be able to immediately receive Hilton Honors Diamond status by simply applying for certain American Express credit cards such as the Aspire.
In my opinion, the easiest way in Europe is to do 30 stays. At first, 30 stays may sound like a lot. But with a simple but very effective trick, it’s not as hard as it may seem at first.
Specifically, a lot of Hilton hotels are directly next to each other. This way you can increase the amount of your stays by simply switching daily from one hotel to the other. If you are a Hilton Honors Gold status holder already, you can also use late check-out in the one hotel and early check-in in the other hotel. Therefore you will not have any gap in between.
Hilton Honors is currently running a promotion that grants 2,500 bonus points for each stay. The total number of bonus points you can earn is not limited:
While bonus points will not count towards your status, you can still score quite a great amount of them (to use on perks or upgrades) with the tricks in this promotion.
In the following cities, Hilton hotels are directly next to each other. Of course, this not an exhaustive list. If you know additional Hilton hotels that are next to each other, please let us know in the comments.
- Frankfurt am Main: Hilton Airport + Garden Inn Airport
- Munich: Hampton City West + Garden Inn City West
- Great Britain
- London: DoubleTree ExCel + Hampton Docklands
- Krakow: DoubleTree Convention Center + Hampton
- Chicago: Hampton Downtown + Garden Inn Downtown Riverwalk + Curio LondonHouse
- Houston: Homewood Suites Galleria + Embassy Suites Galleria
- Minneapolis: Hilton + DoubleTree Suites
- New York
- Orlando: Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista + Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista
- Darwin: DoubleTree Esplanade + DoubleTree
- Bangkok: DoubleTree Sukhumvit + Hilton Sukhumvit
Because Hilton hotels are so widely available, there are a lot of opportunities to optimize your stay amount. Of course, you shouldn’t overdo it and try to get the Diamond status with 30 stays and only 30 nights. But if you are only missing a few stays, this can be an excellent way to easily boost your stay amount.
For example, Back in 2019 I wanted to reach Diamond status was missing a few stays. I therefore decided to collect 4 stays on my Kraków visit by switching the Hilton hotels daily.
Here are the two ones that I know that essentially share the same building:
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
– Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North
– Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman South
– Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Financial District
– DoubleTree by Hilton Riyadh Financial District Hotel & Suites